Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Change Is A Part of Life

"Lynn, change is a part of life." This is only one of many pieces of advice that Charles Patton imparted over the 46 years that I knew him. I was introduced to Mr. Patton when I was 12 years old. He was one of my youth group leaders at Avondale Presbyterian Church. During those formative years, Charles taught our youth group many life skills, yet we were totally unaware because we were having so much fun. Group trips to New York City, Washington, D.C., and Camp Donegal were always exciting. Later in my life, Charles hired me to teach language arts at the middle school. Charles was a positive constant in my life: a Christian mentor, the best principal ever, and a wonderful father figure. I treasure my memories of Charles Patton and he will always have a special place in my heart. My heart goes out to his family at this time. Thank you for sharing Mr. Patton with us!

Lynn Fitzgibbon
Former Patton MS Teacher